IAS Full Form: One of India’s top and most prestigious positions is IAS. In India, millions of pupils aspire to work as IASs, but very few of them ever realize their dreams. It is the highest position in India for a government and administrative position, and those who hold it enjoy high respect and a decent salary.
IAS Full Form | IAS Ka Full Form
IAS Full Form is Indian Administrative Service. One must take the UPSC (civil services) test in order to become an IAS, and only those students who receive the highest rank receive an IAS position. After a few years of service, an IAS official is appointed as a District Magistrate or Collector in a district.
IAS officials actively participate in the creation of laws that benefit the populace, and it is their duty to see that these laws are carried out in the district. Therefore, those whose aspiration is to contribute positively to society and the general populace must strive to become IAS officers.
History Of IAS
The Imperial Civil Service, as the IAS was first known, was established by the Brits in 1858. From 1950 on, it was called Indian Administrative Services following independence.
Eligibility Of IAS
- Any Indian student who has earned their bachelor’s degree in any field is eligible to sit for the UPSC Civil Services Test, which will be held for the IAS and 24 other positions.
- The minimum and highest ages for students are 21 and 32, respectively; the maximum age relaxation ranges from 3 to 5 years depending on the category.
- A student who falls under the general category may submit a total of six times.
- The same OBC students have been selected nine times, while there is no cap on SC-ST kids.
The UPSC exam conducted for the IAS post has three following steps-
- Mains exam
IAS jobs are regarded as royal positions because they come with a wealth of excellent benefits and a respectable government pay. A significant resource that an Indian Administrative Services officer has access to is:
- bungalow home with a housekeeper, a gardener, and security
- Transportation: a driverless vehicle
- All bills, including those for energy, water, Lifetime income via mobile device following retirement
- Free family vacations both in India and overseas
IAS Officer Responsibilities and Roles
Every time, the IAS post is the largest position, so there is also a great deal of duty.
Several important duties include:
- Control the district’s operations.
- Manage the government’s day-to-day operations.
- In order to collect government money as a collector, he must uphold law and order in the region where he works.
- Distribution of resources and money for putting policies into action.
- Providing guidance to the administration while developing public policy.
What is the salary of IAS?
IAS Officer Salary per Month in the beginning and at the entry-level is ₹56100, which leads to ₹56100 – 132000 per month.
What is the IAS qualification?
21 to 32 years
Is IAS exam difficult?
Why is the IAS Exam considered tough? A lot of people consider the IAS exam to be the toughest exam in India.
Can I join IAS after 12th?
The minimum educational qualification required to take on the IAS exam is graduation.